I am excited to finally meet the amazing Elena DeCosta in person today. She works tirelessly to bring the best to her students–in class, outside of class, from international guest speakers, and through their own beautiful publications (check out El Coloso from 2012 and 2013). She is a winner of a statewide Wisconsin Campus Compact civic engagement practitioner award.
Today I’ll be in Waukesha to conduct a job search workshop for students in Dr. DeCosta’s Latin American Civilization class.
We have an ambitious agenda:
- an introduction to provide context,
- crafting resume lines,
- following up on resume lines in other job search material (cover letters, personal statements, interviews),
- using elevator pitches for face-to-face communications,
- common interview questions to be ready for,
- and an elegant close to a professional encounter.
Darcy Lear is a career coach specializing in training students to highlight their language studies so they standout in the job search and workplace. For one-on-one coaching or to set up a workshop, contact Darcy: firstname.lastname@example.org